An Irish Welcome

Céad Míle Fáilte friend and rover ...
Wherever you come from and whosoever you may be.
That's an Irish greeting and it means

you are welcome
a thousand times over.

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Holy Passion of Our Saviour begins today ...


Holy Monday

Do not neglect your talent:

"may [God] increase"

Joseph means may [God] increase.





Having realised, O my soul, the hour of the end, and remembering the cutting down of the fig tree, work therefore most diligently, O wretched soul, with the talent, which was given to you, in vigilance and crying aloud:

"May we not remain outside the Bridal Chamber of Christ".

Why are You heedless, O my miserable soul? All have received equal Grace from God; increase accordingly the talent given to you with the help of Christ, singing:

"All the works of the Lord, bless the Lord."

Oh my soul, you have heard the condemnation of him, who hid his talent; likewise, do not hide away the word of God. Proclaim his wonders, so that, abounding in grace, You may enter into the joy of Your Lord.

May thy lamp shine brightly, O my soul; and like the lamps of the five virgins, may it overflow with the oil of compassion; and so thou shalt find open before thee the door of Christ's bridal chamber.


Since I, 


O Bridegroom Christ, 

have permitted my soul to slumber in indolence, I do not possess the flaming lamp of virtues; and like the foolish virgins, I wander, when it is the time for work. 

O Master, 
do not close for me Your heart of compassion; but awaken me, shaking off my darkening sleep, and bringing me in with the prudent Virgins to Your Bridal Chamber, where there is the clarity of song, from those who feast, and unceasingly cry out:

"O Lord, Glory to You."

Make haste, my soul, thy Master shall be swift as the lightning that shines across the heaven. 

Make haste, then, and be ready.

1 comment: