An Irish Welcome

Céad Míle Fáilte friend and rover ...
Wherever you come from and whosoever you may be.
That's an Irish greeting and it means

you are welcome
a thousand times over.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I spoke to her of you ...

I spoke to her of you,
Silently, she listened to me.

I told her of your pain.
For the love you so longed for.
For the loved one you never enjoyed.

I told her of your broken heart.
For the tenderness you never felt.
For the embrace you reminisce.
So many things, that were never felt,

Withdrawn.

I told her of your unhappy soul.
That your joy and love is lost; somewhere and you are seeking them.

She never spoke to me. She never answered me.
She is a beautiful silence.

Though everything is motionles, and nothing canbe heard
Can you hear the silence of the Angels?
They hymn your mother, the Panagia.

I left you my sweet angel, in her Great embrace!
Listen to her heartbeat. It is for you, filled with agony, love and tenderness.
I left you in the embrace of Panagia, your mother.
Hide there. Hold her close, hold her tightly, hold on to her ...
She knows what you need.

Παναγιά!








π. Ανδρέα Θεμιστοκλέους wrote the original poem in Greek. This is a personal variation and interpretation of this original so is not true to the proper poetic form of the Greek.

No comments:

Post a Comment