An Irish Welcome

Céad Míle Fáilte friend and rover ...
Wherever you come from and whosoever you may be.
That's an Irish greeting and it means

you are welcome
a thousand times over.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sweet Mariam, remember ...

My heart only has entrances. It doesn’t have exits. Whoever enters remains there. Whatever he may do, I love him the same as I loved him when he first entered into my heart. I pray for him and seek his salvation.My worst hell is to realize that I have saddened a beloved person.

I had written this prayer many months ago (in August) as a cry to our Mother for help in my own heart to be able to deal with the unjust accusations and slander of people around me ... I wish to repost it today it has great relevance to my life almost daily and it reminds me of the cross I must carry ...

Today, also, the love of two of my closest friends (who I affectionately refer to as "my hearts" since I literaly breathe and feel them all day long) are constantly in my thoughts/heart. I love them both and am thinking of them since it is a year ago that during the Nativity season I made these friends and I have much to be grateful for - they have both been a blessing in my life and have helped me grow as an Orthodox Christian and for this they will always be in my heart and I pray for their salvation and continued love and friendship, may our Holy Mother's prayers keep us linked together for an eternity:


Sweet Mother of us all, In birth, you preserved your virginity; in death, you did not abandon the world, O Theotokos. As mother of life, you departed to the source of life, delivering our souls from death by your intercessions.

Mother, deliver us from the temptations and unjust accusations of the cunning and evil serpent; he who has brought games and confusion into our lives and through his jealousy has manipulated our actions and altered the will of God in our lives. Help us to love each other and, Mariam, be 'patient with us' - we are only little children who need you to guide us daily with your motherly care and perfect example.

Mother of our Lord, Theotokos, Mariam, love of my life, my heart cries out to you in great affliction and grief; wipe away my tears and set me on the straight path - guard and protect those whom I love and those who do not love me ... through the mercy of your Son and our Saviour, Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment