An Irish Welcome

Céad Míle Fáilte friend and rover ...
Wherever you come from and whosoever you may be.
That's an Irish greeting and it means

you are welcome
a thousand times over.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Climb Sina with the Holy Prayer

From Pharaoh have I fled and enslavement in Egypt
With Moses as my guide, I arrived at Mt. Sina
To climb Sina o my, how I wish this very much
Even to the holy top to recite the holy prayer

The ascent is difficult, o my God, grant me patience!
with endurance and with strength to obtain the holy prayer
Obedience come first with the Scriptures and with cell,
And the holy quiet all these strengthen the holy prayer!

To say the holy prayer, you must remove from the brain,
Far away any thing that is worldly and mundane
In beginning, just recite the holy prayer verbally
and after praying for some time, it will become prayer of the heart

To the words of the holy prayer place all attention
For when you just imagine, you risk being deceived!
The tempter is much exacerbated by the holy prayer
so do not acknowledge him when he attacks you with his darts

From the tree of this prayer are produced fruit that are sweet
Oh what honey that is this, my you cannot imagine it!
The prayer just how it works do not ask me to explain
I cannot express this which is a divine mystery!

When you see the prayer within you begin to operate
Guard it o so well, my friend with all of your consciousness
O my reverend yeronda, my Moses of the heart and mind
Come, give me your blessing so I obtain the holy prayer

The Mother of Christ, and mystery of the whole world
She blesses monks and nuns and gives them the holy prayer!
To climb Sina o my, how I wish this very much
Even to the holy top to recite the holy prayer.

-- author unknown.

Please email me, vdidaskalou8@gmail.com, in private for the mp3 file of this poem/hymn.

No comments:

Post a Comment